We are very proud to announce the 0.3 version of the Stackops Openstack Distro. This distro contains everything needed to deploy a Openstack Nova stack and has already been downloaded by more than 11500 users around the globe. This new release is based in the Stable branch of Diablo, and comes with some new components and features, some of them developed by Openstack community and some others developed by us and demanded by users:
List of enhancements:
- One single preseed profile for all the components. No more confusion about what profile to install.
- Based on Openstack Diablo Stable release.
- Glance now it’s the default Image Server. NFS share of /var/lib/nova/images dropped.
- Keystone integration as default identity system.
- Horizon dashboard integrated (EXPERIMENTAL).
- Filesystem-based approach for /var/lib/nova/instances based on NFS or GlusterFS
- Integration with Nexenta Core Platform and NexentaStor as external Block Storage.
- Nova Volume now is optional in Dual and Multi node configurations.
- Apache front-end to Horizon, EC2 and OSAPI on port 80.
- External MYSQL and RabbitMQ configuration
- Single or Multiple database configuration for Nova, Glance and Keystone.
- Public network and Floating range configuration from Smart Installer
- SNMP integration
- NTP services
- DHCP client enabled
The following known issues are still open:
- STACKOPSDISTRO-15 virtualenv fails to install with easy_install if no internet connection available
- STACKOPSDISTRO-13 Security Updates repositories fails when installing in a disconnected server
- STACKOPSDISTRO-14 RabbitMQ fails after retrying to install on a different IP
- STACKOPSDISTRO-20 If a user tries to register again, system returns an error instead of reporting of the duplicated users.
- STACKOPSDISTRO-24 Distro should not ask for keyboard selection
- STACKOPSDISTRO-16 Circular symbolic link installing Keystone
Horizon Dashboard support has been added for testing purposes. But, If you want to install Horizon, the server needs an internet connection.
You can download the 0.3 version of the distro from our site: http://www.stackops.org